» School Comparison Checklist
School Comparison Checklist
Consider the following when visiting prospective schools:
- What programs are offered? Do they offer your program of interest?
- What's the average class size?
- What is the teching style—is it more classroom and lecture, or more hands-on training?
- Do they offer graduate employment assistance?
- What is the graduate employment rate for your program of interest?
- Do they offer Internships or Externships for experience in the field?
- What is the cost for tuition, book and supplies?
- Do they offer financial aid for students who qualify?
- Where is the campus located? Is it located in a safe area with ample parking?
- Will you be taking classes in one building or multiple locations?
- Will you need to arrange your class schedule or will you have set class times?
- Is there housing available?
- Do they have staff to assist with part-time employment while in school?
- How quickly did the school return your call?
- Was the admissions representative helpful and friendly? Did they answer all of your questions?
- Did the admissions representative provide you with all the details about costs and graduate employment statistics?
- Did the students look happy? Does this look like a school you would feel comfortable attending?
After your visit is over, take a few minutes to write down the things you liked about the school and what you didn't like. Do the same for each school you visit. Compare your notes and pictures of each school to help narrow your choices.