» Facilities and Equipment
Learning Resource Center
Facilities and Equipment
Each Learning Resource Center contains computers and a printer. Tutoring, assessment testing, coursework, and scheduled instruction have priority over all other uses. Otherwise, the LRC computers are "open lab", available on a first come, first serve basis to all students, faculty, and staff.
In addition to the standard software applications at YTI, the Learning Resource Centers' computers have the following software applications installed:
- Office Application Suite
This package contains: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, Project, and Publisher. YTI also maintains a Microsoft SharePoint environment for its students that allows for the convenient sharing and collaboration of Office Applications in the Cloud.
- Paradigm Keyboarding
- Keyboarding skills are introduced, developed, and continually reinforced.
- Correct finger positioning, speed, and accuracy are emphasized with key drills, speed drills, and positional reinforcement drills.
- 1-minute, 3-minute, and 5-minute timings are used to build speed and assess student progress.
- Thinking drills and writing assignments develop critical thinking skills and keyboard composition skills.
- Microsoft Word 2010 features are introduced and skills are developed and continually reinforced.
- Correct formatting of memos, letters, emails, reports, manuscripts, and tables is emphasized and practiced.
- Students produce documents that combine keyboarding proficiency, Microsoft 2010 Word features, and critical thinking skills.
Course-related viewing or listening has priority over all other uses. Otherwise, the LRC audio-visual resources are "open labs", available on a first come, first serve basis to all students, faculty, and staff.
Each Learning Resource Center contains seating and tables for reading, studying, and small group meetings. Tutoring has priority over all other uses. Otherwise, they are available on a first come, first serve basis to all students, faculty, and staff.