Program Director Profile
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Education: Bachelors Degree - must meet or exceed the minimum faculty credential requirement for respective program.
Experience: Five years successful leadership and management experience. Three to five years classroom teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred.
Skills: Organizational and Administrative experience in an educational setting. Must have demonstrated effectiveness as an instructor and possess skills in faculty team building.
Primary Duties: Organize and lead faculty in a manner that ensures quality classroom instruction. Administer programs and monitor the learning process to tailor course materials to the levels and needs of individual students that will ultimately cause students to develop employable skills leading them to jobs that are commensurate with student ability and employer expectation.
- Develop and implement strategies/plans to maximize student learning
- Observe faculty and monitor development plans to aid faculty in attaining superior instruction behaviors
- Conduct performance reviews and create development plans with faculty
- Direct curriculum review process
- Monitor student progress and outcomes
- Manage program resources
- Evaluate student learning, curriculum and program outcomes
- Schedule faculty instruction
- Direct and ensure execution of long term planning strategies
- Develop and implement program retention plans
- Timely communication and completion of status changes for faculty and students
- Attend graduations, orientations, open houses and other formal student activities
- Attend professional meetings
- Ensure customer service of the program
- Maintain program currency
- Mentor department faculty
- Understand and support key result areas
- Support YTI policies, procedures and administration
- Monitor program expenditures
- Maintain meeting minutes
- Maintain current inventory lists